Are you looking for an honest way to earn money online working from Home? Have you searched endlessly for a work-from-home job without success? This might just be a piece of news that will gladden your heart.
You are definitely not alone in this search, countless of other people are also searching daily for an opportunity.
There is no doubt that the economic recession is biting families hard and the only way out seems to be to add more sources of generating income.
Today again, I present to you a legitimate work from home job that will allow you to work at your pace without interfering with your present job or your family.
Transcription simply is the art of transferring either audio or video base files into text based files. Yes, you just listen to the audio or video voice carefully and then you put it down in TEXT file (written) exactly as you have heard. Sounds simple, right? Read on.
There are actually three different categories of transcription:
1. General Transcription
this is the type of transcription that newbie’s can also participate in.
This is because; general transcription does not require one to have a kind of professional proficiency like Legal or Medical transcription.
It involves the transcription of General audio and Video based files into Text based files.
General transcription is said to be the lowest paying of the three types of transcriptions simply because it doesn`t require special training.
2. Medical transcription
Also is known as MT. This one requires a level of professional training to be able to transcribe some basic medical terms
It involves converting some voice recorded report into Text based report as directed by a physician or health care professional. It is the kind of Job that requires one to have more than basic knowledge of the medical field. It requires training, as everything requires a good understanding of medical terminologies.
3. Law transcriptions.
This also requires one to have some level of legal exposure to be able to fit well into the legal transcription.
You need know of how the courts work, basic legal Terminologies.
There are some basic personal requirements for an effective and smooth sail in transcriptions.
1. Fast typing speed. This is indeed a major requirement in Transcription. It is necessary to have typing speed for this will help you to finished a transcription job on time. It will also help you to work on some many other works for maximum profit.
2. Writing skill.
3. Ability to pay attention to details.
4. Ability to do detail research.
Tools needed for Transcription
Generally, there are some tools an aspiring transcriber is required to have for an effective transcription work. Most clients will require you to have these tools available before you commence transcription work, and some are basic, meaning you must have them.
4. High-speed internet.
5. Speakers or Headset.
Before you start, it is important I let you know this: Transcription is surely a way to earn money while working from home or from any part of the world you choose.
But it is NEVER going to make you rich overnight. You need to put in a lot of efforts, especially as a beginner. Whenever you have a transcription job from a client, as a beginner, it is important you do a good job and do it on time. This will create a bond of trust between you and your clients and also give you a lot of clients’` retention.
In summary, try to make the name before thinking of how much is coming into your pocket.
Why you should consider going into transcription job
There are so many positive from doing transcription work from home.
1. You`ll become the boss of your own. You don’t have a boss giving you some orders to do this and do that. You are completely in charge of your life and your finances, and you get exactly what you put in.
2. You work at your pace, no pressure from a boss to complete a project, you choose the hours you want to work, and you determined which work gets done first and which one comes last.
3. You can work on more than one job at any giving time earning from multiple jobs. This certainly will have a positive impact on the state of your finances.
4. You work from any part of the world. No demographic restriction.
There are plethora reasons why you should become a transcriber. That doesn`t mean there are no challenges, of course, you know there is always two sides to a coin. I have listed bellow some challenges associated with transcriptions.
1. Competition: transcription job is a highly competitive job you can find anywhere. Beginners may find it difficult to get regular jobs; most clients already have some transcriptionists they have been working with and trust, so they may not be in a hurry to change them yet. Because of that, it may take you quite some time before you start getting regular jobs.
2. Lack of regular jobs means a decline in income, remember, you are the Boss of your own and so, you are sorely responsible for your finances.
3. If you are into transcription fully with no other means of generating income, it means you are fully dependent on the income from transcription, and a lack of regular jobs will greatly affect the family finances negatively.
4. You only earn money when you work. You are also responsible for planning for your retirement.
Where to get transcription jobs.
There are countless places you can get transcription jobs, but for the purpose of this guide, I have narrowed down to General Transcription.
A general transcriptionist could get jobs from any or all of these places.
1. Tigerfish: Tigerfish is one of those companies that prefer transcriptionists use transcription software and also, foot pedals. This company has been around for quite some time dating back to 1989. Their payment information is only made available when you apply. This company has good reputation been an old company.
This Company is a great place for a newbie to start transcription work because they hire newbie’s once you can pass a skills test.
This Canadian base company hires mostly from USA, CANADA &UK. Transcribers are hired as independent contractors on a part-time basis. Their payment ranges from $0.0055 to $0.0066 per word.
This is an international company that hires English Transcribers as well as bilingual workers in a variety of languages. Caption Matrix is highly interested in people that speak multiple international languages.
They hire both transcribers and reviewers. They pay 23 cents per audio minute for transcribers and 12 cents per audio minute per review.
Paypal is their mode of payment once you have about $100.